Federation of International Dance Festivals
Articles of Association
- Chapter 1: General Provisions
- Chapter 2: Primary Mission
- Chapter 3: Members
- Chapter 4: Organization
- Chapter 5: Finances
- Chapter 6: Annex
Chapter 1: General Provisions
Article 1 (Official Name)
① The official name of this Organization shall be “국제춤축제연맹 – The Federation of International Dance Festivals”, abbreviated as “FIDAF”.
② FIDAF shall be a non-profit international organization of Dance Festivals.
Article 2 (Head Office): The head office of FIDAF shall be located in Cheonan City, Republic of Korea.
Chapter 2: Primary Mission
Article 3 (Purposes)
① FIDAF shall promote mutual development through friendship exchanges among the dance festivals of various nations.
②The principal activities of FIDAF shall be as follows:
- Promote mutual cooperation among member dance festivals.
- Share information and promote convenient visits in the festival of countries subscribed to FIDAF.
- Promote mutual exchange experiences and share information
regarding conducting academic seminars, seminars, etc.
Article 4 (Activities)
① Mutual visits of international cooperation among members; festival organizers provide convenient consultations.
② Provide information regarding member FIDAF festivals
Chapter 3: Members
Article 5 (Membership)
① Members of FIDAF shall be composed as follows:
- Regular members are to be the headquarters of each country.
- Individual members are to be the ones who hold dance festivals(both modern and traditional dance included) in each country and be the director dance performance group or dance expert who work in each country.
- Advisors are to be the former presidents and the ones who have contributed to the development of the FIDAF. (Newly set)
② Regular members shall be recommended by local committee, decided by executive committee and approved by the president of the FIDAF.
③ Individual members are approved by the president of the FIDAF after being discussed by headquarters of each country and local committee and being decided by executive committee.
④ In regards with advisors, formal presidents are to be the official member of advisor and those who contribute to the development of the FIDAF are recommended by the president of local committee, decided by executive committee and appointed by the president of the FIDAF. The advisor’s term is four years.
Article 6 (Rights and Obligations of Members)
① Full Members shall be obliged to actively participate in the programs of FIDAF.
- Full Members shall have the right to speak and vote in the General Congress.
- Full Members shall have the right to vote and nominate candidates at Regional Committees.
- Full Members shall have the right to suggest agenda items to the Secretariat.
- Full Members shall be able to request support and assistance regarding activities under Article 4.
- Members shall pay membership fees decided by the general meeting to the secretariat of the FIDAF.
② Individual members have the rights and duties to actively participate in works of HQ.
- Individual members have the right to speak and to vote in HQ meetings.
- Individual members shall pay membership fees decided by the HQ of each country to the secretariat of the Federation.
③ Advisors have the rights to actively participate in works of the FIDAF.
- Advisors have the right to speak and to vote in the general meeting of the FIDAF.
- Advisors may participate in festivals of each member country and support public relations work necessary for the development of the Federation.
④ Associate Members shall cooperate with the programs and the execution of projects approved by the General Congress and the Executive Committee.
Article 7 (Disqualification)
① Membership may be freely terminated by a member by submitting a resignation letter to Secretariat.
② If any member does not comply with the provisions of the present Statute or carries out activities which are contrary to the interest of the Federation, the member may be expelled from membership and shall be expelled by the affirmative vote of at least 2/3 of the attendees of a General Congress meeting.
③ Members who fail to pay the membership fee for 2 consecutive years shall be expelled by the Executive Committee.
④ the tenure of advisers is four years and the adviser will automatically be seceded after the term.
Chapter 4: Organization
Article 8 (General Congress)
① The General Congress of FIDAF shall be the highest legislative organ, and has the responsibility for modify regulations and making basic decisions on fundamental issues.
② The President shall be the mayor of Cheonan City, Republic of Korea.
③ The General Congress shall be convened every two years. Members shall be notified of the time and location of the Congress at least three months in advance.
④ The participants of general meeting consist of regular members and members of executive committee. In regards with members who cannot participate in general meeting, they may participate in the meeting if they submit the letter of attorney to a secretary general before the meeting.
⑤ Determinations of the General Congress require simple majority consent of the attendees, including submitted powers of attorney.
Article 9 (Extraordinary General Meeting)
① The extraordinary general meeting shall be held if the majority of total members are participate in the meeting or the president of the Federation asks to convene the meeting.
② Once the request for convening the extraordinary general meeting fulfilling the requirements of the meeting is submitted to the secretariat of the Federation, the meeting shall be held within three months.
Article 10 (Executive Committee)
① Executive Committee shall be composed of 31 persons as follows:
- Regional Executives (Regional Chairs, Regional Vice-Chairs, Directors)
- The Secretary General and the Vice Secretary General
② The Chairs of the Executive Committee shall be elected from among the Regional Executives, with a term of four years, and can be re-elected to consecutive terms.
③ Regular meetings of the Executive Committee shall be held annually. Members shall be notified of the time and location at least three months in advance.
④ Members who cannot attend a meeting shall submit the power of attorney to the Secretary General. Power of attorney must be submitted prior to the start of the meeting.
⑤ Determinations of the Executive Committee require simple majority consent of the attendees, including submitted powers of attorney.
⑥ The main activities of the Executive Committee shall be as follows:
- Developing and promoting the major policies of FIDAF
- Advancing the agenda adopted by the General Congress
- Proposing agenda items to the General Congress
- Establishing and modifying the international rules of FIDAF
Article 11 (Local Committee)
① Regional Committees shall be established to increase the efficiency of FIDAF.
② Regional Committee members shall be required to promote the activities in each regional section
- Mutual cooperation in common activities
- Implementation of the agenda approved by the General Congress and the Executive Committee
- Suggest agenda items to the Executive Committee
③ Regional Executive Members can be configured as one Local Chairperson, 1~2 persons of Vice Local Chairperson and Directors.
④ Regional Executive Members shall be configured with Full Members in principle, Associates Members may be included.
⑤ Regional Executive Memberships run 4 years and may be re-elected to consecutive terms.
⑥ Members who cannot attend a meeting shall submit the power of attorney to the Secretary General. Power of attorney must be submitted prior to the start of the meeting.
Article 12 (Headquarters of Country)
①The HQ of each country may be established to develop the FIDAF.
② In order to newly set headquarters in a country, one should apply to the chairman and gain approval of the president after committee resolution.
③ The HQ of each country promotes activities of the FIDAF.
- The headquarters of each country carry out activities to promote the Federation..
- It carries out activities implemented by the FIDAF
④ The director of headquarters shall be selected by the majority of voters in the meeting which the majority of local individual members are participated in, decided by the local committee and finally approved by the president of the FIDAF.
⑤ The term of director of headquarters is two years, and may serve consecutive terms more than two times. However, if the director recedes from his or her position, the successor will serve the rest of term.
⑥ If the headquarters of a country carries out activities which are contrary to the interest of the Federation, the closing of the HQ shall be decided by executive committee and approved by the president of the FIDAF.
Article 13 (Secretariat)
① The Secretariat is the organ to prepare for General Congress and Executive Committee meetings.
- Preparation of meetings and the implementation of the agenda adopted by the General Congress and Executive Committee
- Promotion of all projects
- Maintaining liaisons with Regional Chairs and related institutions
- Promotion of member festivals and gathering information
② The Secretariat shall be located at Cheonan City, Republic of Korea, and consist of the Secretary General, the Vice Secretary General and a staff member.
③ The Secretary General and the Vice Secretary General shall be appointed by the President of FIDAF with a term of four years, and may be consecutively re-appointed.
Chapter 5: Finances
Article 14 (Finances)
① Expenses for stated activities set forth in the provisions of FIDAF shall be appropriated from membership fees, funding from international organizations, governments, community organizations, donations from individuals and grants.
② Funds shall be deposited in a bank where the Secretariat located.
③ Accounting shall follow international practice norms.
④ Accounting audit shall be proceeded by accounting firm from where the Secretariat located.
⑤ The membership fees shall be determined by the General Congress.
Chapter 6: Annex
Article 15 (Language)
Official language shall be English, Korean and Spanish.
Article 16 (Modification)
Modification of the Articles shall only be possible by an affirmative vote of two-thirds of voters and a determination requires a two-thirds majority.
Article 17 (Dissolution)
Dissolution of the FIDAF is only possible by the approval of an extraordinary General Congress meeting. This meeting shall have more than 2/3 of the members in attendance. Determination of dissolution requires 3/4 approval of the voters in attendance. If the number of attendee is below 2/3 of members, dissolution shall be deemed to have been rejected.
These provision shall be approved by the General Congress held in Cheonan City, Republic of Korea, on October 5, 2012, and shall take effect from October 6, 2012.