Activities of FIDAF
Federation of International Dance Festivals
POLAND - THE 25TH INTERNATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL “FOLK HARBOR” IN GORZOW, 2018
XXV INTERNATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL
„FOLK HARBOR” - GORZÓW 2018
THE 25TH INTERNATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL “FOLK HARBOR” IN GORZOW, POLAND 2018
The 25th jubilee edition of the International Dance Festival “Folk Harbor” in Gorzow will host 11 groups from Europe and Asia. The festival-contest will last from 23rd until 30th June 2018. In IDF “Folk Harbor” festival will take part around 350 dancers and musicians from groups as listed:
1. BULGARIA - Haskovo - Representative Folk Dance Ensemble “Haskovo”
2. CZECH REPUBLIC - Buchlovice - Folklorní Studio Buchlovice
3. INDONESIA - Jakarta - Dance Group "Labsky" (Smp Labschool Kebayoran)
4. KAZAKHSTAN - Akmoła - Folk Dance Ensemble “Shalkyma”
5. LATVIA - Riga - Folk Dance Groups “Pienupīte” and "Dzīsmeite"
6. MALAYSIA A - Selangor - Selangor Education Heritage Culture Group (Ministry Of Education Malaysia)
7. MALAYSIA B - Selangor - Selangor Education Heritage Culture Group (Ministry Of Education Malaysia)
8. POLAND - Rzeszów - Zespołu Tańca Ludowego “Tradycja"
9. ROMANIA - Turda - "Mugurii Tarinei" Ensemble (Muguri DePe Aries)
10. TURKEY - Eskisehir - Tepebasi Municipilaty Folk Dances Ensemble
11. UKRAINE - Kropiwnitskyi - The Dancing Theater "On a Visit to Fairy-Tale"
The groups will compete in dance contest judged by international jury. But the highlight of the festival is integration between groups and the audience and sharing national heritage, folklore dances, music, costumes and traditions on the high artistic level. On one stage there will meet groups from three continents and local ensembles, like the host group ZTL „Mali Gorzowiacy”.
Organizers included in the program Opening Ceremony and The Gala Concert, Contest concert, performances in nearby cities, and also international, suprareligious Holy Mass. For citizens there will be open a special Creative Relaxation Zone, where they can spend free time in folk style.
The IDF “Folk Harbor” festival in Gorzow is a FIDAF festival from 2016. Its Artistic Director Maria Szupiluk is a FIDAF Director in Europe and member of the FIDAF Festival Commission. Maria Szupiluk had initiated also The Agreement of the Folklore Festivals of Western Poland. In framework of this cooperation 3 invited groups will participate in 2 folk festivals in region – in Gorzow and in Pyrzyce.
Thank you for following and sharing our pages.
YouTube video official